Warming Winter Porridge
This creamy and nutritious porridge is perfect for cold winter morning and is rich in plant based calcium, protein and healthy fats, all of which are key nutrients needed for lasting energy levels, mental performance and overall wellbeing.
Cinnamon and Cardamom are warming spices that add a delicious natural sweetness. The almond butter add a beautiful creamy texture and is rich in calcium, protein and fibre. As for toppings, you can add any of your favourite nuts/seeds and fruit (stewed, dried or fresh) and change it with the seasons to keep it interesting.
- 80gm (1 cup) organic porridge oats
- 360 ml (1.5 cup) water or plant milk (coconut/almond/oat/cows milk)
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (optional)
- Top with chia seeds, flax seeds, berries, banana & honey
- Place oats in a bowl and add the hot water/milk. Over medium heat, stir and leave the porridge to cook, stirring frequently.
- After a couple of minutes, stir in the almond butter, cinnamon, cardamon (if using) and combine well.
- Once cooked, pour into a bowl and add toppings of your choice before serving.