This is a healthy and versatile plant based weeknight meal that is easily made in 30 minutes. I love that I can make this and serve everyone, including my 13 month old baby. When I first made this I initially set out to make a […]
This is a great staple vegetarian meal to have handy in your fridge, and it is so versatile, tasty and a great dish to make ahead of time for a quick lunch or dinner! I like to serve it warm with a side of soba noodles + leafy greens, and then use it cold the next day as a salad topping or a filling stuffed in roasted sweet potatoes and served with a guacamole or creamy hummus dip (this lentil + hemp protein hummus is also one of my faves!).
I love how quickly it comes together, and how balanced it is; perfect balance of light, but hearty. Fresh, yet comforting. Perfect for the fall season ahead. And if you prefer, you can easily swap the chickpeas for lentils.
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 can organic chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 gloves minced garlic (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed & drained (you can sub for lentils)
- large handful fresh coriander (approx 40 gm)
- handful fresh parsley
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- salt + pepper
- On a large an, melt oil and sauce minced garlic while stirring. Once fragrant (after a minute or so), add canned tomatoes + tomato paste + salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or so, then add chickpeas, raw onion + fresh herbs and more seasoning if needed and serve with cooked soba noodles and greens.