I absolutely adore winter squash (in some countries known as pumpkin) and roast at least one every week this time of year. They’re delicious in curries, stews, on salads, blended into soups and, of course, in baked goods, where they add a rich sweetness along with […]
Nut butter is a staple ingredient I use everyday. It is so versatile and boasts large amount of healthy omega 3 and 6 fats as well as B + E vitamins, making it an amazing beauty food that promote healthy hair, skin & nails. I love playing around the combination of different nuts and this mix is particularly amazing and is rich and warming, making it ideal for the colder months. The cinnamon is a very warming spice full of health benefits, but I have left it as a completely optional ingredient as the nut butter will taste great either way.
Great for spreading on toast (perfect peanut butter alternative), stirring into your porridge or for adding extra creaminess to your favourite smoothie.
- 200 gm (2 cups) almonds
- 100 gm (1 cup) pecans
- pinch salt
- 2 soft dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Roast the almonds in the oven at 180C for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the pecans, then leave to roast for an additional 5 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Leave the nuts to cool for a few minutes before placing in a food processor or high speed blender (I use a vitamix)
- Add salt, dates and cinnamon (if using) and start processing/blending until a completely smooth butter forms (this normally takes me less than 5 minutes in my vitamix)
- Store in an airtight container.