Featuring a mix of raw pumpkin seeds, toasted sesame seeds and sunflower seeds, this pâté really couldn’t be any simpler, tastier and quicker to make. I didn’t soak any of the seeds but you certainly can if you prefer – simply alter the amount of water needed.
|Raw Vegan Pâté|| |
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
- garlic powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp tumeric
- 1-2 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained + chopped
- Place pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds & sunflower seeds in food processor and process until they are finely ground to a flour (apx. 30 seconds in a vitamix on low speed)
- Transfer the seed mixture to a bowl and add tumeric, sundried tomatoes, lemon juice & water. Mix well with a spoon until well combined and sticky in consistency.
- Add salt, pepper & garlic powder (if using) to taste and add more water if needed.
- Serve cold or at room temperature and store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I love the versatility of this pâté and have included a few serving suggestions below.
- serve in baby gem lettuce cups with freshly cut cucumber sticks.
- serve as filling in zucchini roll ups (I love this idea I recently saw on Pinterest) for a fun appetiser.
- serve in nori rolls with other vegetables and/or brown rice for a different take on sushi.
- serve with crackers and vegetable sticks (this pate is especially delicious on my chia seeds crackers and flax seed crackers).
- serve on a salad for an extra filling boost of plant protein and fibre.