Raw Fruit + Nut Chocolate Bark
This raw fruit + nut chocolate bark is the perfect substitute for sugar laden sweets and a great way to reap the benefits of the healthy medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil. It is loaded with antioxidants from the raw cacao and sweetened with just a little maple syrup. Best of all, it is incredibly quick to prepare and is the closest thing to healthy chocolate I have ever made. And if we’re being totally honest, I almost always have a little stash of this in my freezer for when I feel like something sweet. What I love about it is that a little piece does the trick and is so incredibly satisfying without being totally addictive.
You can easily play around with the type of fruit + nuts to suit your own preferences. My favourite combination is this one, featuring chopped almonds, dried currants and freeze dried raspberries. I love the tart sweetness in the raspberries (freeze dried strawberries are great too) and they add a beautiful burst of colour too, which makes it look extra inviting.
Adapted from my Sea salt chocolate
- 3 tbsp cacao
- 2½ tbsp raw virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- small pinch sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp dried currants
- 1-2 chopped almonds (or other nuts)
- sprinkle of freeze dried raspberry (OPTIONAL)
- Whisk together melted coconut oil, raw cacao and maple syrup in a small bowl until completely smooth.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and combine well. Add more sweetener if needed (you can use any sweetener you like. I prefer maple syrup, honey and stevia or a mix of them all).
- Add dried fruit and nuts.
- Line a small container with non stick parchment paper or cling wrap.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the small bowl and spread out evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Place the container in the freezer for 10 minutes until the chocolate is completely hard.
- Break up the pieces and serve immediately.
- Store in the freezer.