Immune Boosting Waldorf Salad
This fresh and brightly coloured Waldorf salad is my healthy spin on the traditional version, which is less green and often full of a heavier mayo dressing. This greener and lighter version has a lovely crunch from the celery and sweet apples, but the best part is the tart yogurt dressing, which is so delicious and really what makes this salad so great. I also love the colourful look of it, which makes such a festive and beautiful addition to a table setting.
- 1 butter lettuce (also known as round lettuce)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small apple, sliced
- small handful pomegranate seeds
- handful walnuts
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered)
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- salt + pepper
- water to thin if desired
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously until well combined and smooth. Set dressing aside.
- Wash and cut all the vegetables and mix together in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with walnuts and pomegranate seeds and serve.
- Store the remaining dressing in the fridge for 2-3 days.