Good morning readers! I want to share my new breakfast dish with you… Meet my green fried eggs. Easy to make and a brilliant way to add a bunch of green goodness to your first meal of the day.
Eggs are one of my favourite sources of protein and they make such a great breakfast. Satisfying, full of healthy fats (providing you get high quality eggs from pasture-raised chickens that actually eat greens and not just man-made grains) and high in B vitamins, selenium and iodine, eggs are a complete protein and easier on the digestive system than most other meats.
Additional to the protein, this plate of breakfast packs a ton of greens. The spinach and zucchini are both alkalising and cleansing vegetables and the spinach especially, is an amazing plant-source of many essential minerals including iron, magnesium & potassium.
I personally love a runny egg but you can cook your eggs to your own preference – making them as runny or firm as you like. I always enjoy a slice of my healthy nut & seed bread (as seen in the picture above) with this dish as this bread is just amazing with eggs. I tend to take a single piece out of my freezer and toast it lightly until completely thawed on the already hot pan. Takes a few minutes, at best, and the bread is so good when lightly toasted on a hot pan (for some reason an actual toaster doesn’t work too well).
Speaking of bread – stay tuned for a new healthy bread recipe which I’ll be posting soon!
|Eggs 'n Greens|| || |
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- ½ large zucchini, grated
- large handful fresh spinach
- 1-2 garlic cloves, freshly crushed
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil (cold pressed)
- Saute grated zucchini and crushed garlic in coconut oil on a hot pan for approximately 3-4 minutes
- Add eggs and spinach and stir gently, without breaking the yolks.
- When the egg whites are cooked, and the yolk as runny (or hard) as you like, fold over the egg whites around the yolk and remove from hot pan.
- Sprinkle with black cracked pepper and serve with a slice of bread.