Courgette Noodles With Kale Avocado Pesto
This creamy kale avocado pesto is so full of flavour and wildly addictive. It is light, delicious and super versatile and can be used as a spread, in sandwiches, as a dip for veggie sticks and as a dressing/garnish for salads and stir fries (you can thin it out with extra water or lemon juice if needed). This whole thing about one food wearing many hats is totally up my alley, as I’m all about making something once and then reinventing it in a new way at the next meal or the day after.
Combined with the courgette noodles it makes for a light and fresh summer meal. You do not need a fancy spiraliser to make your own courgette (or zucchini) noodles. A simple handheld julienne peeler will do the trick. I have this one and love it. But if you make it often and like thicker veg noodles, this one is amazing! I often spirals a few zucchini’s at a time and store them in an airtight container in the fridge, where they stay fresh for a few days.
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralised
- ½ cup fresh green peas
- small handful toasted pine nuts to top
- ½ avocado
- handful kale (I used nero kale, but any type of kale or rocket/spinach will work too)
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 (15 gm/1/2 oz) brazil nuts
- small handful (15 gm/1/2 oz) pine nuts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- Place all pesto ingredients in an S-blade food processor, or mini chopper and process until semi smooth. Add salt + pepper to taste and stir again using a spoon.
- Combine the pesto and courgette noodles and stir with a spoon. Transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle fresh peas and pine nuts on top and finish off with a extra drizzle of lemon juice and cracked pepper before serving.