This coconut + cinnamon loaf is loaded with health benefits and has the most amazing taste and texture. It is completely grain free and is sweetened naturally with ripe bananas, making it low in sugar while rich in soluble fibre and omega 3 fatty acids, which add great moisture and boosts its digestive qualities.
Bananas are a great energy food and packed with the mineral potassium which helps maintain normal blood pressure and heart function. I love baking with bananas as they addd great moisture and sweetness, which means you can reduce the amount of oil and sweetener considerably without compromising on taste and texture.
|Coconut + Cinnamon Raisin Bread|| || |
- 300 gm (about 3 medium sized bananas) ripe bananas (weight is without peel)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut or almond milk
- 4 large organic free range eggs
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut flour
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 45 gm (1½ oz) raisins
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 150°C (300° F).
- Combine bananas, coconut oil, milk and eggs in a blender and mix until smooth (alternative you can do this by hand).
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients - coconut flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, raisins and salt and mix together with a spoon.
- Combine the wet mixture into the dry slowly and combine well with a spoon until smooth.
- Leave for 5 mins to allow the chia seeds and coconut flour to absorb some of the moisture.
- Lightly oil a loaf tin and then line with non stick parchment paper - (the size of my tin was 24cm x 12cm).
- Spoon bread batter into the loaf tin and decorate with coconut flakes or other nuts (optional)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes - until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. (If over browning you can cover the top with foil).
- Remove the loaf from oven and allow to cool before removing from loaf tin.
- Serve warm topped with ricotta and jam, nut butter, honey or simply on its own.
- Keeps well for up to a week in an air tight container in the fridge. Freezes well.